Vehicle Choices Terms and Conditions
Personal Contract Hire:
Benefits customers wishing to eliminate the financial risk associated with disposing of a vehicle. Contracts are usually taken over two, three or four years, providing a high level of flexibility. Some contracts can be formally extended beyond the end of contract date if required. Just ask and we can answer any of your questions regarding extending your contract.
PCH is very similar to business Contract Hire; both are based on a fixed annual mileage agreed on inception of a contract. You will need to decide how many miles you drive each year before quotations can be obtained. Once you have stated how many miles you drive in a year and considered which vehicle you would like to lease a quote can be created for you by one of our sales team.
Regulations with regard to making mileage amendments after contracts are live vary from funder to funder, so it is always better to be as accurate as you can be. If you do exceed the agreed allowance at the end of your contract you will pay an excess mileage charge, which will have been agreed upon prior to signing the finance agreement.
Please remember this when deciding upon you annual mileage. If you are looking to have predictable motoring costs adding maintenance to your monthly payment is easy. Maintenance is there to put your mind at rest should any challenges arise with your vehicle and generally covers servicing, routine maintenance, tyres, exhausts and batteries.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the person named on the finance agreement to arrange and pay for fully comprehensive insurance for the vehicle. It is important that the vehicle is returned in accordance with the guidelines set out in the ‘Fair Wear and Tear Guide’, a copy of which is made available to customers when they are near the end of their PCH agreement.
Business Contract Hire:
- If you do more miles than stated in your contract you will be charged excess mileage for each mile over that stated in your contract
- You must look after the vehicle and return it in a well maintained condition otherwise you will be charged for any damage over and above that stated in the ‘Fair Wear and Tear Guide’
- You must have fully comprehensive vehicle insurance
- You will never own the vehicle as there is no option to buy it
- The Contract Hire Company reclaims the VAT on the original purchase, which reduces your monthly rentals (which are + VAT). Contract Hire is a very popular choice for VAT registered companies as they can claim back 50% of the VAT on the finance element for cars and generally 100% for commercials (subject to no private use, no exempt turnover and not being on the Flat Rate VAT Scheme).
- On contracts with maintenance the VAT on the service element is 100% recoverable. One of the major benefits is that there are no disposal worries as the future value is underwritten by the leasing company. Another benefit of Contract Hire is that it is generally ‘off balance sheet funding’ (subject to legislation change) which means it can improve your gearing ratio (assets to borrowing ratio) and therefore possibly your borrowing ability in the future.
EVCPQ vehicle choices are offered by our partner Laurel Vehicle Leasing Ltd who are a credit broker and not a lender. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Registered number: 781524 Laurel Vehicle Leasing Ltd is Registered in Scotland with company number SC564796 | VAT number 275 691660 Registered office: 54 Cowgate, Glasgow, G66 1HN.